PROJECT TYPE: YOUTH IN ACTION
PROJECT NUMBER: XX
PROJECT NAME: Minority Issues in Youth Work
The main theme of this project is protection of minorities – reviewing the existing international standards and their implementation into youth work practice. The training seeks to empower youth workers in the basic existing framework of legal protection of minorities in within intergovernmental organizations, such as the Council of Europe, Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe and the United Nations as well as knowledge over local realities of minorities in different European states.
The project focuses on methods of combating discrimination, racism and xenophobia through non-formal education, in addition to expanding participants’ knowledge of the existing national and international legal human rights protection framework.
This project gives the opportunity to youth workers of 14 European organizations from 14 countries totally 28 participants, 14 participants from EU member state countries and 14 participants from EECA countries.
- To develop the participants’ knowledge and competence in key concepts of European legislation on the protection of minorities.
- To develop the key competencies, skills and attitudes for young people working with minorities issues in non-formal learning settings.
- To enable participants to develop activities addressing minority protection and human rights education at local, national and international levels.
- To develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in particular in order to foster social cohesion in the EU.
- To familiarize the participants with the approaches and activities of manuals on human rights education Compass and COMPASITO and with how best to use it and adapt it to local contexts and realities.